05 October 2008

The days are getting colder.


We are finally in our new house and it is great so far! We are just trying to find a place for all of our junk..it's amazing how much crap you keep over the years!! I found some hilarious notes from my friend Laura from High school! I read them all and laughed at the old memories! I'll post pictures eventually..I have been so busy (story of my life) between working, moving, and being a mommy.


Also Cory's car broke down and we have decided not to fix it. It would cost more money than it would be worth to fix the darn thing. So...the new plan is for us to be a one car family (oh the humanity) until we get our 2008 tax return. Then we will use the tax return which should be in the neighborhood of $8,000 to buy him a newish car. Basically being a one car family is the pitts! But we'll work through it. Maybe Cory would be willing to get a bus pass..hmmm..making him get a bus pass is sounding better by the minute.


Zoe is doing great! She is so funny right now because she now knows what she likes and doesn't like. And that girl doesn't like her toys aka: newspaper, boxes, wash cloth, Mommy's hair, Mommy's glasses, Daddy's hair (his hair is short so you know this girl is good), and anything else she can grab that she isn't supposed to. She pretty much has me trained to do everything she wants and I'm convinced that in about 18 years I might get control back. She still isn't crawling or scooting which makes me jealous that because my friend Lauren's little boy Eli is pulling himself around and he is about a month younger than miss Zoe. But I guess it will come when it does..and in the mean time I don't have to worry about baby gates!

10 comments:

Perry fam said...

Hey hey hey Zoe looks so big, what a cutie. You'll have to stuff her in an mail bag and mail her to me so I can squeeze her. I promise to mail her right back! Your background paper looks cool,I see you didn't give props to the original but thats ok because I don't think I will either. And if some high mighty lawyer calls me on it, I'll just point the finger at good ol Jul Lay! We are doing the one car family thing until maybe next summer, its going good but we live pretty close to our jobs. Just hang in there its amazing what you're capable of adjusting to...anyway I gotta go the dog is humping David and it makes me laugh so hard. I'll have to post pics of this nasty act.

Leslie said...

I am anxiously awaiting the pictures of your new house! How exciting! As for Zoe not crawling yet - ENJOY IT!! Once she goes she will be gone forever. YOu will learn to run after her all day long - its tiring! We are also a one family car - I'm finally getting used to it after eleven months... it does save money though! Hope you are great and I hope we get to see you soon!!

Caleb said...

how fun to be moved in to the new house. It's crazy unpacking though. Caleb keeps talking about being a 1 car family, but we will see what happens there. You will have to let us know how it works out.

The Willsons said...

Congrats on the new house! Zoe is a cutie. Only wanting what she can't have sounds very familiar. Don't get to anxious for her to crawl though. It's fun, but Eli just wants what he can't have too and now he can go get it, so I have had to start using the big "NO" word. Fun times!

Julie said...

I hate being a one car family.. its the worst.. hopefully a bus pass will help. hehe... We've been there and done that before.. yuck..
either that or your gonna be gettin some good exercise! yeah!
Zoe is adorable by the way!

Jen said...

Hey! I am afraid I will get addicted too! So far I am having alot of fun though! I am just scared of being too cheesy! haha! I am glad you have one too. It is so much easier to stay up to date through this than stupid myspace! haha! Thanks for comin by! :) Your widdle gwil is so coot! Man she is growing fast! Don't you hate how that happens, now, when you WANT to enjoy them? lol! cute page by the way! ;)

The Willsons said...

Yes, Eli really does like the Cheerios and they make an easy snack. Now he can pick them up himself and sometimes he even manages to get one in his mouth. I haven't tried rice cakes, so I'll have to try those. Do you just break them into small pieces? Some other fingure foods he likes are grape pieces, blueberries, raisin pieces, banana pieces, bread, and shredded cheese.

Perry fam said...

I don't know if we'll be making it out before xmas but we need to get out there fast thats 75 dollars just sitting in a pile of dust a month. Plus I want my pictures!!!, make a new post I'm bored!!! Does Heather have one?

Natalie Que said...

Congrats on your new house and sorry about the 1 car fam situation... that's the worst!

Thanks for your comment on the popcorn! I'm SO glad you liked it and that it was a hit! Thanks thanks for letting me know, it is always great to hear that people TRY things and even more that the LIKE them!!

The Willsons said...

The grapes and blueberries I cut (or bite) into pieces and the raisins I just usually tear in half cause I mainly give them to him when we are out. He loves them though. Some friends of ours have a girl about Zoe's age and she was over here eating a mum mum rice cake thing. They left one here, so I let Eli have it. It's a long thing they can hold and nibble on and he loved it. Derek gave him a saltine to nibble on the other day too. The nibbling is so cute. I just bought some wheat teething bisquits for nibbling snacks, but we haven't tried them yet. I think they let you know what they are ready for.