18 April 2008

Tough day

Today was a tough day with Zoe. I have been so frustrated with her pretty much all day. I think she is getting a cold and she is just so darn grumpy. She has basically cried ALL day and I just didn't think it would be this hard. I feel so frazzled...try and imagine me with all of my hair standing on end cause that's how I feel. How do the other parents handle the grumpy baby days. I swear I just want to stick her in her bassinet and let her cry until she sleeps. It's days like this when I really remember back to how nice it was to sleep a lot and go out and do whatever I wanted. I love my baby so much but today she is just making me crazy!

As a follow up to the cloth diapers thing I have decided to wait and let Heather try them!! I have heard some good things about them online but it seems that everyone I know who has seen them in action tells me to steer clear. So I'll stick with disposable...the whole cloth diaper world is a little confusing and intimidating anyway.

6 comments:

Caleb said...

well when my babies have acted that way, I have decided that they must be in pain.
So I give them some baby tylenol and half an hour later we all call it a night. I feel it is quite possible they have a headache, and now that the pain is gone they are happy and can sleep. I only had to do it 3 or 4 times when Jacob was a baby, with Rachael, well she cried all day every day if she wasn't sleeping or eating, so I thought that I would have been drugging her, but with the boys, it's pain relief. I asked my mother in law( she is a neo natal nurse) she said it was fine, and much better than me losing my temper and doing something I might regret.

Anonymous said...

I remember those days. You do live through them - hard as that is to believe. Take some time away - hand her off to Cory so you can take a shower or go for a walk. Babies can't tell you what is wrong but they can sure let you know when their worlds are not right!
Mom

Sarah said...

Oh that sounds like a rough day! Its a good thing you weren't dealing with cloth diapers that day ;)

Hannah was really fussy between 2 and 4 months. I think its ok if you do just let them cry for a little bit while you get a break. It gets so fun as they get older but you will miss having a little one too!

Just Add Flowers said...

Hi Jullee this is aunt teresa. What I would like to say when it is a tough day is . . . Call me! If you are having a tough day then that is the day you call me and I come rescue you and take Zoe off your hands. I know when you are SO tired and the baby is SO cranky and you have too much to get done around the house and it is SO hard and you really want to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time. Have you gone back to work? Are you working at home? Kara is at my house using my computer to find a new job and so she is teaching me about blogs. I am clueless. Maddie is trying out for drill team this week and Trev should be turning in his mission papers in a week. So thats what is going on here. Really - call me anytime and we will play with Zoe and you can sleep. or shop. or clean. or whatever it is you new moms need to do. Love, aunt teresa

Leslie said...

Somedays are just like that... the baby cries and cries and you get more worn down by the second. I hate those days! On days like this I find it best to hand the baby off to dad the moment he walks in the door... then i turn on some mucic, light the candels and take a long hot bath.. it seems to release my negative engery and revitilize me again! Sorry for your rough day!

Leslie said...

Hi.. thanks for the comments on my blog! We do need to hang out with you and Zoe soon! We are going to Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival tomorrow at 1:00, call me if you want to come!