03 November 2008

Arggghhh!


Halloween was so much fun this year!! Who would have guessed how much fun it is to dress up your little baby! Zoe was a Pirate for Halloween! Cory and I really enjoyed dressing her up and taking pictures. I thought for sure the hat would drive her crazy. But as soon as Cory handed her the sword she stuck it right in her little mouth and was happy to just chew on the sword. For Halloween we mostly just stayed in and enjoyed an evening together. Cory got off work early so we could enjoy the night.



My sister Heather and I had decided to do a fun little Halloween dinner and dessert thing. She made chili and cornbread and I made doughnuts! Let me just tell you that making doughnuts is WAYYYY harder than I thought it would be!!! I didn't get any pictures I didn't think about it..but man those "treats" sure turned out UGLY! They tasted ok but they were soooo greasy and just not pretty. I had a hard time keeping the oil at a constant temperature and my sister tells me that according to Alton Brown that is why my doughnuts were so greasy. So maybe I'll try again next Halloween.

We hope everyone had a great time..and hope nobody (or their kids) came home with cavaties!

Here are a couple of cute pics of Zoe..I finally got a good shot of her teeth. And the other is her drinking water form a big girl cup. She LOVES drinking water from the cup..don't mind all the baby food mess everywhere. She also LOVES spitting her food out!






12 comments:

Jen said...

haha! thanks, lol how do I make it not weird?!?! lol! Cute pics! I love her costume! That is crazy you two used to live that close! She is cool. I am glad for face book so I could find her again! haha yay facebook... :P

Malesa said...

So cute! I especially like the little toothy picture. She is an adorable baby.

Caleb said...

she makes a very cute pirate.

Jen said...

Ok, you have been "tagged" see my quirk post....

The Willsons said...

Love it! She looks so cute. The sword was a great idea. When I tried Eli's dinosaur head on he would just pull it off before I could even get it on, but luckily when he was in his whole costume there were claw mitten things over his hands, so he couldn't pull it off (kinda sad). An accessory to chew on as a distraction is much nicer.

Raab Family said...

Zoe looks so cute in her pirate costume. I love the pic of her with the sword

milenab said...

Hi Jullee!

Hey girl! I always want to come and leave you a comment but with all the kids here it is hard to sit down...:0) Your Zoe is the cutest baby ever! She is getting so big too! We are doing good, Isaac had another surgery last week but hopefully was the last one, I have been having such a hard time seing my baby so sick...We are moving to Makakilo, Kapolei or Ewa, we want to move in to a house and we did see really good ones out there. I can't wait to have a house, grill and back yard! We are so excited! But before me and the kids will be in Utah for the month of December and in Brazil for the month of January. I would love to see you guys while being there. David will be there for two weeks around Christmas so maybe we can out for dinner or something...I miss you girl! Lots of love for you and your cute family! Say hi to Cory for me! :0) Milena

Natalie Que said...

Hi Jullee,

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I LOVED reading it! I so appreciate knowing what things sparked people's interest {like my back yard, really?? Didn't think anyone cared!} and what things people have tried and especially tried and liked {or not liked... kinda...}

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave it for me. I am so glad you're sticking around because people like you are who I do this for {and me}.

Thanks again!

Perry fam said...

ah HOy matey!!!! Did she make you walk the plank? Hey I would have tried your awesome donuts even if they looked like a bummie, I just about eat anything. Tell Heather I said howdie. Taya is upstairs into something so I'll write more later.

Anonymous said...

Oh my LAWS she is beautiful! What a sweet baby you have! So so lucky....

Julie said...

Hehe Zoe is so cute for Halloween. and lol I know exactly what you mean about the donut thing.. I tried that a couple of years back and haven't tried again.. I had found better sucess baking my pumpkin seeds... but alas I burnt them this yr. lol oh well I guess we are all entitled to one bad yr right?

Perry fam said...

Hey did you get to check out david in his Uncle Rico shot?