03 December 2008

Christmas Tag


Christmas Tag
1. Egg Nog or Hot chocolate? Egg Nog is soooo gross!! My vote is Hot Chocolate ALL the way!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? A little of both! That way the kids can have instant fun with the gifts left open and also have fun unwrapping the others.

3. Colored lights on a tree/house or white? We haven't pulled out our tree yet (it's a pre-lit fake one) but I think it might be white lights. However I think both types are lots of fun!

4. Do I hang mistletoe? Nope... isn't Mistletoe poisonous? I have a small baby to think about here!

5. When do I put up my decorations? Whenever I get the chance. Hopefully this week..but we'll see...

6. What is my favorite holiday dish? Nacho biscuits!! So tasty! I also love my Grandmas Chicken Noodle soup with orange rolls.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I have way too many favorite holiday memories!! Here is one that I really love...Every year in the Highland house we would tie pretty red bows on everyone in the neighborhoods mail box. It always turned out so pretty the red bows surrounded by fresh white snow!

8. When and how did I learn the truth about Santa? I am pretty sure I was in Sixth grade...sad story! My teacher had us write letters from Santa to the younger children (1st and 2nd graders) and I was really confused about why we would write letters back and not Santa...then someone made fun of me and told me the sad truth!

9. Do we open a Christmas gift on Christmas Eve? Yeah and according to tradition it's usually new Pajamas..so much fun to wear that night!

10. How do I decorate our tree? Lights and ornaments..this year I want a Pickle ornament. It's supposed to be lucky for whoever finds the pickle or something like that. It just sounds funny to have a pickle on my tree.

11. Can I ice skate? Kinda...well at least I used to kinda be able to.

12. Can I remember my favorite gift? They have all been so awesome!! My parents have always been so generous! When I was 19 my parents got me a cell phone and they had it ring so I could hear funny noises in the box! It was very exciting because cell phones were still new and fancy back then.

13. What is the most important thing about he holidays for me? Enjoying the Magic of the season. There is just something about Decmeber that makes my heart feel happier. I can't wait to experience Zoe's first Christmas!!

14. What is my favorite holiday dessert? I don't know about a specific holiday dessert...but my mom makes these wicked delicious cinnamon rolls where the top secret recipe was handed down from my Great Great Great Grandmother. Soooo delish!

15. What is my favorite holiday tradition? We would always watch a movie on Christmas Eve! It was so fun and it probably helped my parents get through the night without a bunch of Christmas crazy kids. I will continue this tradition with my kids...The other tradition I LOVE and Cory hates is after all the gift giving is finished we put the gifts on our beds so everyone can see what we got. This was always really exciting because my Grandparents would come and see our gifts!

16. What tops my tree? A star

17. What do I prefer - Giving or receiving? I love both..however finding the perfect gift for someone is priceless! Like last year for example..I found a really classy fake Llama with Alpaca fur for my sister and I was so excited for her to open it!!!

18. What is my favorite Christmas song? Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

19. Candy Canes? Yummy.

20. Do I feel Christmas is too commercialized? Nah..Christmas is perfect...okay maybe starting to put Christmas in the stores before Halloween is a bit exteme but...

I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Perry fam said...

WuuuWhooo! I'm first...Jules you're kind of popular but I made it to your blog first! Nacho Biscuits, David loves those send us a few! And I have to admit the pickle in the tree is awesome.Hey when you get Zoe toys as gifts, just some advice, get it out of its package, like get the wires and tape and all that stuff off and then wrap it. It makes it so much easier for her to play with when it rolls out of the box, instead of taking it away and spending 5 seriously long minutes getting the dang thing out. Fa la la la !!!

Julie said...

Pickle ornament huh? well hope you have a merry christmas!