26 December 2008

Christmas trees and Cookies






We had so much fun decorating our Christmas tree this year! All 4 artificial feet of it! We bought this tree last year thinking we would be apartment dwellers for a few years to come. So we plan to use it for at least a couple years. Plus it's pre-lit and it doesn't take long to put up ornaments. Oh...and guess who got her Pickle ornament this year!!! Me!!! I was so excited to find this one..and I also convinced my sister that she needed a Pickle on her tree! I love my pickle! The house looked so cute all Christmasy and Zoe just loved all the decorations.

We also had a really fun Cookie exchange Christmas party to go to this year! I love this kind of party it makes me so excited. I had been trying to find the perfect cookie recipe this year and I even made 2 trial recipes just to try and find the most tasty of all. But in the end I decided to try and make gingerbread cookies from scratch. I bought a rolling pin and some super cute cookie cutters and gave it a whirl! I think they turned out so darn cute and they were delicious. However if I make them again I will roll the dough a bit thicker for softer cookies. These ones were pretty crispy and I had wanted more of a sugar cookie type cookie.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like Christmas was a blast. and boy do those cookies look like yum! Are you loving your new house?