26 January 2009

Toy trouble!! Ack!

I am in love with a website called www.etsy.com it is a site you can go to buy homemade goods. I especially like to look at what is for sell for Zoe. I have gotten so many good ideas and have bought some really cool stuff on Etsy. Well now there is a new law that could ruin my etsy shopping days forever!!

I don't know if anyone has heard about the new law that was passed to make toys safer. It's basically in regards to all the toy recalls last year due to unsafe toys that were made in China. It's a good law..however I think it has some flaws and I'm trying to do my part to fix it. If you check out this website http://www.handmadetoyalliance.org/ you will see what they are trying to do.

Basically I went to the website and I used their sample letter and I sent it out to our Utah Senators and Congressman in hopes that they will exclude the small time folks from having to pay these big fees to make safe and fun toys for our children. Basically I want a choice and if I prefer a cute handmade toy or outfit I should have that option. I'm afraid they will cause all these small timers to stop making their goods and I will be stuck buying more expensive things that are made in China and don't really even benefit the USA working folks! So I urge you all to send letters out and help get this law fixed!! Wow..I've never seen myself so political before!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

well when it's something you care about it's easy to get more political.

Just Add Flowers said...

Ooo, that is annoying! There are all kinds of dumb laws and bills being signed out there dang it. I like etsy a lot too, I actually am working on something that I can market on that website while I am on maternity leave to make money, not spend it to make my product legal! humph!