01 April 2009

Blog Slacker


So I have been a big time blog slacker. Life gets busy with baby, work, husband, cooking, pretending to clean, sleeping, and watching tv. It's hard to find time to blog. But I am here now and hoping you will all forgive me.

Not much has been going on in our neck of the woods. No exciting news or adventures in the past month or so. We are gearing up to go on vacation later this month..Disneyland here we come!! We are pretty excited little monkeys. Zoe doesn't even know the fun we have in store for her. I just hope she has fun..being as young as she is I'm not sure that she'll truly appreciate all the princess glory that So Cal has in store for her. Cory is darn excited because Disneyland doesn't have any scary rides that I'll make him go on with me. One time we went to an amusement park called "Great America " and Cory had his friend Brandon come be my ride partner so Cory didn't have to go on the scary rides. Cory is a super ride chicken..he gets scared going on the trolley ride at Lagoon that takes you from one side of the park to the next. So with rides like "It's a Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" Cory will be safe.

Last month Zoe was a sick little lady. We had to go to the Doctors a few times which made me sad. She had a pretty nasty cold and we went to the Doctor and it turns out she had an ear infection also. So we got her on an antibiotic and things were looking up...

Until one morning we woke up to a Polka Dot baby!! Zoe had a rash all over and of course it was a Sunday morning! So I called my Doctors office and talked to an on call nurse who said not to worry about it just to stop the antibiotic and come in the next morning. Well easy for her to say.. she didn't have to watch a miserable baby all day. She was so upset and miserable that I called again and they had us come in to a special Sunday night clinic where they have an on call Doctor come in and see all patients that are terribly ill that day. Well we get in to the Doctor and it turns out that Zoe is allergic to the Penicillin. We had already stopped giving her the drugs so we now just had to wait while the rash cleared up.

It was a rough few days...Poor Zoe was so miserable, fussy, and upset. I gave her some itching medicine and a special oatmeal bath to try and help her. It ended up taking 3 days to clear up so at least it didn't last TOO long. Heather was sure it was a horrible, incurable rash that would spread to her house and children so she wouldn't let us visit for a whole week after the rash cleared up. But now she's back to her happy self again and we know next time no penicillin for Zoe.



Oh...another thing that happened was that my favorite singer and gem sweater lover, Leslie and the Ly's came to town for a concert. It was excellent. I read on a website that it started at 10:00 pm so I wasn't worried about time. The singer really does love gem sweaters so Heather and I sat and bedazzled sweaters for me and Cory (Heather made a really sweet one for herself with a horse on it) for three hours. Well while I was bedazzling I got a message from my friend who was coming along saying that the show started at 7 not 10:00!!! It was 7:30 and I freaked out. I was sure we were going to miss the show. So we threw on our sweaters and hustled it to the show and ended up making it just in time for Leslies lady jams. It was a great show!!! After the show we got to visit with Leslie and she loved the sweaters. It was an excellent night!

4 comments:

Malesa said...

Ohhh, I feel so bad for Zoe! That looks like it was no fun at all. I'm glad that you guys all made it out o.k. Aubrey was sick this last month too and it seriously wipes everyone out when the baby gets sick.

Raab Family said...

Poor Zoe, I'm so glad she is all better now. I'm so jealous of you going to Disneyland. I want to go so bad. We are going next year for sure but I don't want to wait. Any time you go to any amusement parks Cory and Erich can be wussies together and we can ride all the scary rides.

Caleb said...

oh too bad, we will just miss you, we are going to DL the beginning of MAY. Ah life. And I am a ride chicken as well, which makes Caleb frustrated, we should all go to Lagoon sometime, you and Caleb can go on the SCARY rides while Cory and I relax.

Julie said...

Poor Zoe! that is no fun! I am glad everything is ok!