21 March 2008

Worst thing ever!!


Zoe has been doing the most horrible thing ever! She has been choking on her spit up. It has happened 4 times now and it gets scarrier each time. The last time was Wed night and I was positive that she was going to die. I have never seen anything more awful than my child dying! Her little body gets stiff and she struggles trying to breathe and I die a little inside everytime it happens. I am crying as I type this because it is so awful! She's my baby and I don't know what I would do if she died.

We went to the Doctor on Thursday and it turns out that she has a case of Reflux. The Doctor (who I think is the greatest Doctor ever he totally reasured me and made me feel like I did everything right) prescribed Zoe some reflux medication so hopefully it will help and we won't have any more problems. The medication is in a liquid form and the Doctor assured me that it would be "pleasant" tasting. Well, as someone who has enjoyed different liquid meds (Nyquil anyone) I didn't really believe that it could taste pleasant. Well when I gave the baby her first dose yesterday she LOVED it! It smells really sweet so I'm sure it is excellent to a baby who has only ever eaten formula and breast milk. So we really really hope this works and the baby stops choking! Oh, and she has finally passed her birth weight!! She was 7 lbs 3 oz!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor baby Zoe, that can not be fun for her (or fun for mama). I'm so happy you got her some medication - even better that she loves it! i'm so happy she is gaining some weight... she's got a ways to catch up to Stella!

Jen said...

Any news? Is she better now? Does the medicine work?