03 March 2008

Zoe update

Zoe is the most adorable baby ever! I am so in love with this little girl I can't even believe it. And, Cory is so smitten with her it is so sweet to see him taking care of his little girl. I can't believe how much our lives have changed..and almost every change has been for the best. We have been so blessed in our lives I can't believe how lucky we are!

Zoe had her first big bath about a week ago and it was so much fun! Well not so much fun for her but I had fun giving her the bath. She is just so sweet and for most of the bath she was such a good girl and didn't even fuss. But towards the end I think she started to get cold so she started to cry a little.

After she was born Zoe lost about 9 ounces which is pretty normal for babies to lose weight after birth. When we went to her 2 week follow up she hadn't gained anything so the Doctor wanted us to do a follow up visit. We went back to the Doctors on Friday and she gained 4 ounces so the Doctor was happy with that. We are going to do another weight check up in a week and hopefully she will continue to grow. It really freaks me out thinking that my baby isn't gaining weight. It makes me wonder if the boob food is not all it's cracked up to be. I have been giving her one feeding of formula and the rest are all boob food at the Doctors orders. Hopefully this will make her good!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

She is such a doll! I'm so happy that you are loving being a mom!! It is really great except for the no sleep thing... but that goes away soon enough!! One bottle a day is great, I did that with Stella just so I could get a few more zzzz!! I hope you are great! Let me know if you want to get out when its a little warmer. We'd love to go to the zoo or mall or lunch or anywhere!!