13 July 2008

The Bees and not the baseball team

Yesterday Zoe and I went to a BBQ at a friends parents house and had a ton of fun. They have a pool so it was a pool party and it was Zoe's first time in a swimming pool!! Poor Cory had to work so he had to miss the fun. It was a nice evening around 7 pm so I was kind of nervous that Zoe would get too cold in the water and hate it. I got into the pool and the baby got handed to me and I put her in a fancy baby tube thingy that lets them float and recline with their legs and bum in the water (super cool thing) at first she was a little freaked out and didn't know what to think but then she LOVED it! She was laughing and kicking her little legs, it was so much fun. We played in the pool for about 45 minutes until it started to get pretty cool. I handed Zoe out to a friend and he wraped her up in a towell and then I got out and started to dry her off and get her dressed. All of a sudden my toe started to hurt I thought I had stepped on one of those pokey weeds or something. But then the hurt started to hurt more so I looked down and I had a Bee sticking out of my toe!! I yelped and started kicking my leg to get the Bee off. Too bad the stinger stuck in my toe! So I got Stung!!! I haven't been stung since I was 6 and it hurt for a good hour before I could really walk normal. Darn Bee! But it was a good thing I got stung cause our friend Stewart was sitting in the next chair over and he is deathly allergic to Bees! Glad to take the bullet for Stewart! Sorry no pictures I forgot the camera..it was a crazy night!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

pools are so fun for kids, I'm glad that Zoe enjoyed it.

Sarah said...

You are still so funny!! I miss you! I am glad you had fun swimming...its so much more fun with kids because they love it so much. BTW, we really really aren't Obama supporters ;)