05 July 2008

Yay for the 4th!

So yesterday was July 4th which is a stellar holiday! I get the day off to go to parades and watch fireworks! We went and watched Fireworks in West Jordan on the 3rd which was fun. They show a movie leading up to the fireworks show to keep people occupied until it gets dark. They were showing "Back to the Future" which I haven't seen in about a billion years. We got there about half way through and I just couldn't remember a lot of the story so I might have to watch it again to remind myself. I went with my sister and her family which is always a nice time. We were kind of worried about how the kids would react to the fireworks (we had a 2 1/2 year old, a 5 month old, and a newborn baby with us. Pamela the 2 1/2 year old seemed to love the show she might have gotten a little nervous at the loud noise but she did really good. Zoe just loved watching the lights in the sky, she didn't fuss just watched the sky. Cora just slept! I guess that's how newborns celebrate July 4th.

On July 4th we went to a parade in West Jorday on Redwood Road. It started out kind of overcast so the weather was perfect. This was really the first time I let Zoe outside out of her stroller (which has a sun cover) when it wasn't shady or dark out. I was so nervous that her soft baby skin would burn to a crisp so I lathered her up with sunscreen. The parade went so good, Zoe was such a sweet little girl and she just enjoyed being out with her cousins and mommy and daddy watching the parade. Eventually the sun came out and it got HOT! And Pamela got sick of being so hot at the parade so we left before it ended. All in all it was a fun 4th..after the parade we went shopping and it was back home for a good afternoon nap. Then Cory and I watched "The Hottie and the Nottie" a Paris Hilton movie (it sucked but not as much as I expected it to). We hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! Enjoy the pictures..some are from the 4th but some were just on the camera and they are cute!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

It sounds like you kids had a fun fourth! Zoe looks darling, and next to Cora she actally looks like she has some chubs... but she is really tiny next to stella! I wish we would have made it to the fireworks with yoU!! We ended up not seeing any! I'm going to have to see a big show on the 24th!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh...she is so cute and getting so big! It sounds like you had a really fun holiday.

Caleb said...

what a fun day, and a cute girl.

Anonymous said...

Those are two cute little babies. And the Fourth of July girl, who are they? :-)